Cube Survival map for Minecraft is survival map created by Adam3945. This map is the second of the most popular map ever created for Minecraft. If standard SkyBlock map or also known as Survival island or Floating island map is too simple and too bored for you, Cube Survival map is an excellent choice.
Compared to Skyblock, Cube Survival map has the same and simple concept, but with more advanced and entertaining approach.
There are seven different cube biomes. Each one has hidden chest full of good stuff and two obsidian blocks and each one had a different danger. Obsidian blocks are needed to make and build the portal to travel to Hell in which you must find and destroy the Book of the Damned.
For more info you must read Quest book which you can find in each chest.
Similar to SkyBlock survival map, but with more advanced and entertaining approach
This map has been made for only one player as the resources are limited and low and all biomes must be thoroughly searched and explored.
Notes and rules
- Game is created for singleplayer mode
- Don’t cheat
- Set render distance to 12 or higher
- Game is originally created for Minecraft 1.7.x (try if it works on your version, we tested on Minecraft 1.12.2 and it works)
Last updated on 2 December 2013.
The updated version comes with a few challenges, as they follow:
- build yourself a cozy shelter in a cube at your choice;
- create a cobblestone generator;
- own a full set of diamond armor;
- find the hidden cake in one of the cubes;
- gain obsidian by yourself;
- build an enchantment table and brewing stand;
- enchant an item of your choice and brew a drink of your choice;
- create a wheat, melon and sugar cane farm.
CHANGELOG (thanks everyone for the feedback so I could make the map better):
- reduced the number of enchanted apples;
- removed pig spawner from the first cube;
- adjusted the difficulty of the second cube;
- diamonds removed from the first cube;
- fixed the witch spawning;
- removed some of the emergnecy supplies from nether
- added fire in nether;
- added many more spawners in nether because some players had no mobs in nether;
- reworked the Book hall;
- added challenges;
Video of gameplay on youtube
#1: If you would like to play in multiplayer mode, first DELETE old world_nether, otherwise HELL will not work. Also to notice, the Portal must be created in the Portal islands, just ahead of the Forest biome. This is biome where you spawn in.
#2: If the game starts to be in creative mode, change it. Click ESC and select Open to LAN, choose survival and then save the settings.
How to install
1. Locate and open the Minecraft application folder.
– Windows OS start Run from start menu and type %appdata% and then click on Run.
– OSX (MAC) open Finder, hold down Alt and click Go, then click on the Library in the top menu bar. Now open folder Applicaion Support and look for Minecraft.
– Linux (most distributions), Minecraft folder is located on /home/yourusername/.minecraft ( dot (.) folder is hidden directory on Linux, so press Ctrl+H to unhide folder, or check in your filebrowser under view or settings)
3. Copy the map file which you just have downloaded into the saves folder, inside of Minecraft folder. Extract from rar/zip archive. Map must be extracted to saves folder and contain its subfolder.
4. Start Minecraft and choose Singleplayer mode and choose Cube Survival map
5. Enjoy this survival map game
Download Cube Survival map
Originally created for Minecraft 1.7.10 (1.7.x) but we have tested on 1.12.2 and it works
Click here to download the map
Leave comments below if you have anything to say or comment regarding this map.
Creator: Adam3945 | Official link to the map