The Lost Cities mod for Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.x is a mod that allows player to generate new world with an old ancient and abandoned cities. Mod was created by Mcjty and it has 16 different cities/categories to choose. After your desired city is created you will spawn in an old partially destroyed city. You will find all kind of different objects and structures, such as tunnels, buildings, houses, highways, a subway systems, dungeons, caves, bridges etc. Also, like when you creating and generating default Minecraft world here you can also tune your configuration of chosen city and you can define for yourself how this city will look like.
Very configurable mod in which you can choose and add custom blocks, building and define almost everything what will be generated in your new minecraft world.
Choose desired category and modify and create your desired city in just a few clicks
Please check Lost Cities wiki for more information and help how to use this mod.
Player can use this mod in singleplayer mode or multiplayer mode, or if you like to use it on server side that vanilla clients can connect in worldtype option please enter ‘lostcities’.
Please have in mind that Lost City can be placed in a another dimension, default ID of this dimension is 111. So, you can play standard Minecraft game and when you would like to travel in another dimension you can teleport yourself to Lost Cities. To achieve that, in both ways, you must do following. Place a standard bed on top of the two diamond block and surround it with 6 skulls. Try to sleep in the bed and you will be teleported.
The Lost Cities worlds possible to generate
Ancient – ancient jungle city, vines and leafs, ruined buildings
Atlantis – Drowned cities, raised aterlevel
Biosphere – Jungles in big glass bubbles on a barren landscape
Cavern – This is a cavern type world, like the nether
Chisel – Use Chisel blocks, only if chisel is available
Default – Default generation, common cities, explosions
Floating – Cities on floating islands
NoDamage – Like default but without explosion damages
OnlyCities – The entire world is just a one big city
RareCities – Cities are realy rare
Realistic – Realistic worldgen, similar to Quark’s
Safe – Safe mod: no spawners, lighting but no loot
Space – Cities in floating glass bubbles
TallBuildings – very tall building (perfomance heavy)
WasteLand – wasteland, no water, bare laned
WaterBubbles – Cities in drowned glass bubbles
Screenshots of Lost Cities mod
Video demo of Lost Cities mod
How to create and use The Lost Cities mod, what are the options and how does it look this mod overall. Great video with great explanations and with a lot hows to.
How to install Lost Cities mod
1. Install Minecraft forge (if you don’t have it yet installed)
2. Locate and open the Minecraft application folder.
– Windows OS start Run from start menu and type %appdata% and then click on Run.
– OSX (MAC) open Finmder, hold down Alt and click Go, then click on the Library in the top menu bar. Now open folder Applicaion Support and look for Minecraft.
– Linux (most distributions), Minecraft folder is located on /home/yourusername/.minecraft ( dot (.) folder is hidden directory on Linux, so press Ctrl+H to unhide folder)
3. Copy the mod file which you just have downloaded (.jar file) into the mods folder, inside of minecraft folder. If you don’t have mods folder, create this folder by yourself.
4. Start Minecraft, click on MODS button and check if your new mod is successfully installed and added
Download Lost Cities mod version 2.0.11
For Minecraft 1.12.2, 1.12.1, 1.12
Download mod here
Leave a comment below in a comment section.
Creator: Mcjty | Official link