MetalChests mod for Minecraft 1.12.2 is an storage mod created by T145 and his team. This is a good alternative to also very popular Iron Chests mod which you can check here. You can check both of them and decide what is better for you, both modes are very similar but kinda different.
This mod brings new chests, Metal, Golden, Diamond and Obsidian with bigger storage capacity
Features of MetalChests mod
What is main difference between Iron Chest and MetalChests mod.
- With MetalChests you get MineCarts
- Chest recipes are changed on available metal items
- Balanced upgrades to change your chest to any variant from any variant
- Better coding so significantly increased performance over IronChests
- All added content is very configurable
- Upgrades also work on Minecarts with Chests
- No Crystal Chest
- No DirtChest9000
- No Iron Shulker Boxes
Screenshots of MetalChests mod
How to install MetalChests mod
1. Install Minecraft forge (if you don’t have it yet installed)
2. Locate and open the Minecraft application folder.
– Windows OS start Run from start menu and type %appdata% and then click on Run.
– OSX (MAC) open Finder, hold down Alt and click Go, then click on the Library in the top menu bar. Now open folder Applicaion Support and look for Minecraft.
– Linux (most distributions), Minecraft folder is located on /home/yourusername/.minecraft ( dot (.) folder is hidden directory on Linux, so press Ctrl+H to unhide folder)
3. Copy the mod file which you just have downloaded (.jar file) into the mods folder, inside of minecraft folder. If you don’t have mods folder, create this folder by yourself.
4. Start Minecraft, click on MODS button and check if your new mod is successfully installed and added
Download MetalChests mod
For Minecraft 1.12.2, version 3.9.0
Download mod here
Do you like this mod? What do you like about? Please share your opinions in comment section below.
Created/Owner: T145 | Official link