The Abyss map is a horror map for Minecraft version 1.12.2 created by LudoetBenj in which you are a military sent to on a secret mission and whose chopper crashed down. The helicopter crash somewhere in the woods and your lost and completely alone. All you see is woods and fire and you must find someone to help you. Deep in woods you find one road and a building. After a while you realized that no one would help you and that you have to fight yourself to survive.
Short story of The Abyss
You are a military. Your main task consist in keeping safety in your area, but you don’t really know what you have to secure apart from a region of forests and villages.
Until one day, you get sent to a special mission with a whole unit. You have to fly over a forest you didn’t hear about, without even knowing exactly what is your task. Then, there is a malfunction in the engine of your helicopter: it crashes somewhere in the forest and you fall on the ground, far away from any kind of help.
When you wake up, you realize that you don’t know where your friends are and you also realize that you have lost your weapon.
In this map, you will have to survive in a hostile environment through horrific events. This map lasts for approximately one hour and features interesting story line with a few jumpscares. But it focuses more on exploration and storytelling, so don’t expect to play a jumpscares-only, casual minecraft horror map.
Notes and rules of The Abyss map
- There are 64 hidden golden tokens in the map
- Two secrets rooms to find
- Play in gamemode 2, don’t change gamemode
- Don’t break or place any block unless you are told to
- Don’t sleep in beds, there are spawn points in safe rooms
- Play with the texture pack of the map
- Be prepared to be scared
- Don’t rage have fun
Screenshots of The Abyss map
How to install The Abyss map
1. Locate and open the Minecraft application folder.
– Windows OS start Run from start menu and type %appdata% and then click on Run.
– OSX (MAC) open Finder, hold down Alt and click Go, then click on the Library in the top menu bar. Now open folder Applicaion Support and look for Minecraft.
– Linux (most distributions), Minecraft folder is located on /home/yourusername/.minecraft ( dot (.) folder is hidden directory on Linux, so press Ctrl+H to unhide folder, or check in your filebrowser under view or settings)
3. Copy the map file which you just have downloaded into the saves folder, inside of Minecraft folder. Extract from rar/zip archive. Map must be extracted to saves folder and contain its subfolder.
4. Start Minecraft and choose Singleplayer mode and choose The Abyss map
Download The Abyss map, version 1.0
For Minecraft 1.12.2
Click here to download this map
If you like this map please leave a post below in the comment section.
Creator: LudoetBenj | Offical link to map